The Department of Teacher Education is pleased to advertise a number scholarships for prospective English teachers.
The scholarships are funded by Mifal Hapayis and the Ministry of Education:
- Scholarship of 10,000 NIS
Conditional upon 4 weekly hours of educational and community work in the schools in which students carry out their teaching practice.
- Grant of 11,500 NIS
Conditional upon 2 years of teaching in schools in lower socioeconomic neighborhoods and regions.
- Academia-to the Classroom Program 10,000 NIS
- The scholarships are intended for students who are still also engaged in degree studies (B.A., M.A. or Phd).
- Candidates must have a grade average of at least 85.
- Candidates will be called to a personal interview to assess their suitability for a career in teaching.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be required to participate in two national study days for recipients of these award.
Students wishing to study in the Teaching Certificate program should register through the Hebrew University registration system.
Those wishing to register for the scholarships program should contact Miriam Elezra: